Top five travel insurance tips for Snowbirds
(NC)-Travel insurance can seem very complicated, but it doesn't have to be. Good travel insurers, such as
AIG Travel Guard, work to ensure their customers know what their insurance plans will and will not cover, and how to get the
protection they need.
- Get an insurer with live assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even the Canadian government
recommends that Canadians purchase travel insurance plans with this feature. A toll-free 800 number is another great feature
to have so that you can call for assistance without paying long distance fees from wherever you are.
- Make sure you have emergency medical evacuation in your plan. A good plan will get you appropriate
medical care no matter where you are.
- Check that your insurer pays your bills up front so you're never out of pocket. Reimbursement may take
time and if you don't have the money available immediately when you need it, you could have problems getting the care you
need in an emergency.
- Personalize it. Some insurers offer add-ons that can give peace of mind and even save you money. Do
you want to cover your golf clubs while you're away? AIG Travel Guard's Golf Protector Coverage add-on, for example, covers
your clubs, bag and shoes from theft or damage and covers your pre-paid green fees if you or your golf partner can't play
due to a medical emergency.
- Get added value. Your travel insurance plan should add extra value to your trip. AIG Travel Guard (www.travelguard.ca),
for example, offers a unique Concierge Service. One phone call can help you book a tee-off time, make dinner reservations or
find the only store in the state that isn't sold out of that toy your grandson wants.
Oasis Cruise & Travel Stories http://oasiscruise.com/Travel/Snowbirds-Travel